Women protection cell was established in the year 2013. The moto of the cell is to constitute a harmonious atmosphere and enable women to balance their work with dignity at the institute.
“ The empowered woman is powerful beyond measure and beautiful beyond description ”
Prof. V. Janaki B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D
Women Empowerment is one of the multi dimensional social process addressing human rights and development, which helps women to gain control over their own lives and gives ability to make strategic choices of life. Women's empowerment and achieving gender equality is essential for our society to ensure the overall successful development of the country.
Vaagdevi college of Engineering has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus
• to empower girl students,
• to create awareness of their rights and duties
• to sensitize all issues related to women and
• to make the college campus a safe place for women students and faculty members.
Women Empowerment Cell organizes gender sensitisation programs for both boys and girl students to create a healthy and harmonious atmosphere in the campus. They are educated about behavioural aspects and also self defence. The girl students are prepared to face all the challenges of their personal as well as professional lives on the power of their own intellectuals. This cell work for elimination of violence against girls and also harassment if any against female faculty.
Guest lectures and seminars are conducted to address all the present issues of the society and their impact on girls. We create conductive counselling environment for students and make them comfortable to share their problems bravely.
On the whole the girl students of this college are made strong individuals with independent thinking and career oriented and are made ready to server themselves as well the society for a better tomorrow.
• To create social awareness about the problems of women regarding gender discrimination.
• To motivate and improve confidence level amongst women.
• To educate women about health and hygiene.
• To organize workshops and seminars for women development.
• To promote personality development, leadership quality and role of women in the society.
• To reach and educate women in rural areas about social and legal rights.
a) Certain events under the caption of ABHAYA were conducted in association with i) Oasis Charitable Trust – on 08.04.2013 ii) On 8.3.2013, Ms. Lavanya Nayak, DSP spoke on Police Role in Protecting the Women’s rights’
b) An orientation programme for girl students entitled “Women Congress (Employability skills development program) was conducted on 16th & 17th August 2014. Dr. A Swarna Bai, Chairperson, WIE IEEE, Hyderabad section, and Mr. Madhav Negi, Associate Director, Global PMO, CSC, India and Mr. Himanshu Shastry, Sr. Analyst Services Pvt. Ltd had addressed.
c) A Seminar ‘UNNATHI2K15’ was conducted on 09.03.2015 to discuss the problems and prospects, wherein well known women activists namely Prof. Vijaya and Prof. Kathyayani delivered lectures.
d) A Workshop was conducted on 29.7.2016 on the Rights of Women housing girl students, women and a good number of women-activists deliberated on the recent challenges faced by current –era-women.
e) On Women’s Day i.e. on 8th March 2017, Mrs. Keerthi Reddy, a political activist visited and spoke on the ‘Rights of Women and Legal Protection’.
• Women’s protection Cell organized “Women’s Day” Celebration on March 08, 2017.
• Guest of Honour: Ch. Keerthi Reddy.
• Theme of Women's Cell in 2017 is “ BE BOLD FOR CHANGE”
f) On 8th March 2018, under UNNATI programme, the Dy. Superintendent of Police, Warangal participated and exhorted women to be bold, careful and active in achieving their goals overcoming all odds utilizing their rights.
g) On 9th February 2019 an awareness programme is conducted about ‘sexual abusement, health and hygiene’ in different government Schools in surrounding villages targeting girl students.
Guest of Honour
ABHAYA were conducted in association with
i) Oasis Charitable Trust
Role in Protecting the Women’s rights’
Ms. Lavanya Nayak, DSP
16th & 17th August 2014
An orientation programme for girl students entitled “Women Congress (Employability skills development program)
Dr. A Swarna Bai, Chairperson, WIE IEEE
Mr. Madhav Negi, Associate Director, Global PMO, CSC, India and
Mr. Himanshu Shastry, Sr. Analyst Services Pvt. Ltd
A Seminar ‘UNNATHI2K15’
Prof. Vijaya and Prof. Kathyayani
The recent challenges faced by current –era-women.
8th March 2017
‘Rights of Women and Legal Protection’.
Mrs. Keerthi Reddy, a political activist
8th March 2018
Dy. Superintendent of Police, Warangal
9th February 2019
‘sexual abasement, health and hygiene’
At government Schools
Women’s Day 2019
Women’s Day 2018
Women’s Day 2017
Women’s Day 2016
Women’s Day 2015
• AICTE sanctioned 12.6 lakhs for MODROB Proposal of Mrs. B. Sridevi.
• Dr.V.Janaki has conducted a voter awareness programme “MY VOTE MY FUTURE” for the students of II year & III year in 2019.
• Dr.V.Janaki received patent for the invention titled “System and method to generate time-profiled temporal pattern tree”.
• Dr.Thanveer Jahan ,Dr.Kalai Magal have registered a patent on “HIV” in Jan, 2019
• Mrs.G.Neelima has published a book with title “Programming in C++” on 25th February 2019 from the publisher “Horizon Books”.
• Mrs.G.Neelima has registered a patent on “ Digital Flower Pot ” in Jan, 2019
• Mrs. B. Sridevi was successfully completed NPTEL online course “Analog circuits” and awarded as topper with Elite+Gold certificate.
• Mrs. N.Styavathi was successfully completed NPTEL online course “Data mining” and awarded with Elite+Silver certificate.
• Mrs. Sabitha was successfully completed NPTEL online course “Analog circuits” and awarded with Elite certificate.
• Mrs. Vaishali was successfully completed NPTEL online course “Analog circuits” and awarded with Elite certificate.
• Mrs.A.Swetha and Mrs. M.Shirisha were successfully completed NPTEL online course “Compiler Design” and awarded with Elite certificate.
• Mrs.B.Rajitha and Mrs. K.Rekha Devi were successfully completed NPTEL online course “FLAT” and awarded with Elite certificate.
• Mrs.N.Satyavathi has qualified in UGC NET 2018.
• Mrs.Ayesha Bhanu has qualified in TS SET 2018.
• Mrs.K.Aruna has qualified in UGC NET 2018.
• Mrs. B. Rajitha has qualified in TS SET 2018.
• Dr.Padmaja has received “ Best NCC Officer Award” in 2018.
• Mrs.N.Satyavathi was nominated as judge for INSPIRE-MANAK district level exhibition cum project competition organized by government of India from 7th to 9th January 2019 at Govt.practising High School, LashkarBazar, Hanamkonda.
• Mrs.Tanveer Jahan was awarded with Phd from JNTUH in 2017.
• Mrs. B. Saritha has qualified in TS SET 2016.
• Mrs.K.Radhika has qualified in AP SET 2013.
• Mrs. K.Sarika has qualified in UGC NET and APSET in 2012.
• Ms. B. Niharika and Ch.Meghana have selected for Richard Emervin scholarship of 1000$ each.
• Ms.K.Anuhya of ECE 3rd year has received Republic Day certificate and Appreciation Award from Col. Sanjay Rajan, Group Commander, NCC Warangal.