EEE Department Achievements
Vaagdevi College of Engineering is a thriving college among the top engineering colleges in Telangana with the faculty and students producing visible results for which the fraternity can be proud of. The milieu in the college is such that it encourages the faculty to actively participate in activities like scientific research projects, academic papers & patents, taking part in workshops that help update their subject knowledge, makes for an atmosphere very conducive to learning. In view of the dynamic atmosphere of the best engineering college in Warangal, it is not surprising when both students and as well as faculty produce tangible results. We honor the achievements, who have excelled in their endeavors and we are immensely proud of their success. Creates learning and working environments that encourage you to reach your potential and discover your unique purpose. Below are the stellar performances of VCE faculty and students over the last few years.
- EEE Department Research group headed by Dr. Y Haresh Kumar has won 10 for 10 Award conducted by Typhoon HIL. This award includes a HIL 402 Real Time Emulator with lifelong software license worth Rs. 17,00,000.00.
- EEE Department established a Research Laboratory worth Rs. 40 Lakhs, which covers all major areas of Power Electronics and Power Systems specializations.
- UGC research project sanctioned for an amount of Rs.4,20,000.00 to Mr.P.Sadanandam, Associate Professor.
- AICTE MODROBS is sanctioned for Power Electronics and Drives Laboratory with an amount Rs. 7,20,000.00 to Dr. M. Vishnu Prasad, Assistant Professor.
- B. Naga Raju, Assistant Professor received Best Researcher Award from International Research Awards on Engineering, Science and Management Organized by the International Organization for Scientific Research and Development (IOSRD).
- B. Druga Hari Kiran, Assistant Professor and Mr. B. Naga Raju, Assistant Professor recognized as best reviewers by Elsevier publishers.
- B. Naga Raju, Assistant Professor is appointed as a Global IEEE Power and Energy Society Day 2019 Ambassador for IEEE Hyderabad Section.
- Selected for National Mission for Education through Information Communication Technology (NME-ICT) by IIT-Bombay and funded by MHRD (GOI).
- Recently, department is accredited for three years by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for maintaining the academic excellence.
- B. Dileep Yadav has recognized as young entrepreneur by CITD, Hyderabad.
- Akhil have been selected to receive a Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship (1000 USD) in recognition of exemplary involvement in student chapter activities, your excellent academic achievement, and your willingness to act as a student ambassador.
- Most of our students were placed in government sector and also in leading organizations viz. NTPC, POWERGRID, TSGENCO, TSTRANSCO, TSNPDCL, TSSPDCL, SINGARENI, GOOGLE, INFOSYS, and Banking Sector.
- M. Manohar got 1st Rank in PGECET (State Level PG Entrance Exam) in the year 2017 and several other students got ranks in GATE and PGESET.
- Congratulations to Dr. A. Sateesh Kumar, Professor, Dept. of EEE on having been awarded Ph.D. Degreefrom Jodhpur National University, Rajasthan on February, 2017.
- Congratulations to Dr. K. Prakash,Professor, Dept. of EEE on having been selected as Reviewer for several professional Journals namely “IEEE Transactions on Power Systems”, “IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery”, “IET Transactions on Generation, Transmission and Distribution”, and “Taylor & Francis ‘Electric Power Components and Systems’ Journal” in recent Academic Years.
- Durga Hari Kiran,Asst. Professor had successfully conducted various events like “JAM, Debate, Essay, Quiz and Poster Presentation” on the eve of Republic Day-2018 celebrations.
- Durga Hari Kiran,Asst. Professor had participated in one week GIAN course on “Effective teaching and learning of Smart Grids and Micro Grids technologies” organized by EEE department of NIT Warangal on 04th to 08th December 2017.
- P. Sadanandam,Associate Professor, had participated one week GIAN course on “Advanced Adjustable speed Motor Drives: Applications” organized by EEE department of NIT Goa on 15th to 20th May2017.
- T. Venugopal,Associate Professor, had participated one week GIAN course on “Advanced Adjustable speed Motor Drives: Applications” organized by EEE department of NIT Goa on 15th to 20th May2017.
- K. Prakash,Professor, had participated in 10 day GIAN course on “Distributed Generation and renewable Integration: forecasting tools and EMS towards Smart Grid/Smart City paradigm” organized by department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal, Telangana state, during 23rd May-3rd June-2016.
- Nagaraju Budidha,Associate Professor, had participated in the national level workshop on “The Art of Publishing, Writing thesis and Project Proposal” organized by Central library jointly with R&D and Academia staff college, KL University.
- P. Purnachander Rao,Associate Professor, had participated two week short term training program on “Hands On: Mathematical Modelling and Software Simulation for Power System Engineering” organized by Department of department Electrical Engineering of NIT Goa on 15th to 20th May2017.
- Congratulations to Mr. M. Manohar (11645A0224)on having been topped 1st position in TSPGCET-2017 of H.T No: 18080088 electrical engineering category.
- R. JAYASRI of II/IV B.Tech EEEhas participated and won 2nd prize in “SMART GREEN TECHNOLOGY”E-NOVA”, Organized by Andhra University during 10 MAR 2014.
- K HARSHASREE of II/IV B.Tech EEEhas participated and won 2nd prize in ELOCUTION COMPITITION organized by POLICE DEPT As a part of (ARRIVE ALIVE ROAD SAFETY WEEK) on 25th January,2014.
- Ms R.Jayasri, Ms. V.Chaitanya, Mr.Shiva Prasad and S. Swetha of EEEDepartment, is winners of alcheringa-champ14 (A National Level competition held from 30th Jan to 1st Feb 2014 at IIT Guwahti, organized by proactive info soft.