Name:NAGARAJU BUDIDHA, M.Tech, SMIEEE, (Ph.D) Designation:: Associate Professor in EEE Dept., Warangal Zone Incharge,Student Activity Committee Coordinator IEEE Hyderabad Section,SC/ST Cell Coordinator Placement Coordinator,IEEE VCE PES SBC Advisor VCE-IEEE Student Branch Coordinator Mobile No:9949360215/8886663215 E-Mail I'd:firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) has been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The cell at our best B.Tech college in Warangal has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the mainstream.
The SC/ST cell of Vaagdevi College of Engineering was established in 2011 with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students in the college. The college takes a special interest in facilitating financial support to students belonging to these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for career orientation programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
The cell will also look into the implementation of reservation in admissions to courses at our autonomous college in Telangana for sc/st students.
1. To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
2. To circulate State Govt.and UGC decisions about different scholarship programs.
3. To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
4. To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
5. To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
6. To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
7. To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any
8. To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
9. To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth
10. To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
11. To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
12. To encourage and enlighten the sc/st students with regard to the rights enshrined in the constitution.